Romans 1:20

"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."

Friday, October 15, 2010

My "fake" 25th Birthday!

Wow, Andrew went all out this year to make this a day that was so special!  My actual birthday is booked up by conferences and Andrew's work, so we moved it a day early so we could spend some one on one time together and celebrate this good OLD milestone!

Andrew's head wound!  He hit his head on the bed side table in the night...
 




The Grove - an outdoor "upper class" shopping centre for rich people
 




Our first stop was the Los Angeles Farmer's Market (yes, there is such a thing!) where we spent the morning walking around the stalls and exploring the local stores!  What a fun place for a day trip!

Next, we drove around the area and went for a nice long walk to explore!  We went to this extremely fancy antique store and got an amazing history lesson from the guy who worked there!  There was even a bust of a Roman emperor from the time of Christ there!  So cool!

From there, we headed off to get some snacks and then waited for a really cool historical building to open and we walked around and took a bunch of pictures...  For those of you who don't already know, I'm a huge fan of modern architecture so this was a real treat!  Good job to Andrew for choosing this spot all on his own!









Finally, it was off to Bible Study, where I got embarrassed by the whole group singing happy birthday to me!  I also have had the privilege of choosing two songs each week for bible study, Andrew introduces the worship time and then I lead the singing with my guitar.  This has been wonderful because I so miss playing on a music team, and being able to worship in this way.  Those that play guitar know that playing while you sing helps with concentration on the songs and their words, and thus worship is that much more sweet!

We made some of our sweetest memories together today and I hope I can match this when his birthday rolls around!

Thanks for looking!

1 comment: