We are just so happy here in Pretoria, South Africa! As we speak, Andrew is busy teaching a "Fundamentals of the Faith" session on the Attributes of God for 30 new people at the church. We pretty much have hit the ground running here at Grace Fellowship, which is part of the reason I have not written sooner.
Here's what you need to know!
- We are settled in our new house, have painted some walls and are pretty much furnished now, through people generously giving their unneeded furniture, or gifts of money to buy what we need. The home we rent is magnificent, and so super spacious! We continually have guests in our home because we have an extra two bedrooms to host people in. Of the four weeks we've been in the house, we've had guests for two of them. The only downside to living where we are is that there is no way to get ADSL as the telephone co. has not yet installed lines to our area, which is a few minutes out of town. This means we only have internet using cellphone towers which makes it slow and expensive to do anything substantial on the Net. Please bear with us as we work on the best solution for this!
- We have a car! Andrew posted a picture on Facebook, but it's a Honda Civic 2002 sedan, white, and comfortable! We are very happy with it!
- Andrew has already preached twice, and is already growing in it at a rapid pace, thanks to all the feedback from friends and of course, Joel James! He also runs the Young Adults ministry where we have about 20-30 people each week, which has just started meeting at our home on Friday nights. Andrew has begun a series on Evangelism, and will then move on to prayer... Talk about convicting topics! But his messages are being well received, and the group is growing well.
- I have joined the music team, playing guitar and singing, once every second week! This is such a blessing to me and I've been getting a whole lot better now that I'm playing more regularly. The musicians here are very gifted and I am enjoying learning all the new songs!
- I just photographed my Brother-in-law's wedding last weekend and can't wait to post some pictures! You'll just have to be patient until we get a more reliable internet connection etc!
- Lord Willing, my mom and little brother will be coming up to visit me next weekend and I will begin to do something I've never done in my life before! Reupholster some couches! The ones we have been given require a more permanent covering to a white sheet! So with my mom's help we will document the adventure and let you know how it goes!
- I now have a blackberry which at least allows me to check facebook, new messages and receive emails all the time, so I will be more prompt in my replies!
- I just finished my first week of Counseling course with Wayne Mack here at Grace Fellowship! He spent the week teaching on "Christian Life Issues from Pilgrim's Progress". What a great class!!!
Thanks for Looking!