Romans 1:20

"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Off to Vancouver!

This morning was bitter sweet. I was loathed to leave Andrew behind and fly off, not knowing whether I would be able to come back! But I do love to travel and had never been to Canada before... Let alone a beautiful city like Vancouver. I was looking forward to exploring, meeting new people and sorting out my visa; but just wished Andrew could have come along.

There are a few reasons he couldn't. Firstly, we could not afford two tickets, and secondly, he has a visa application in process too that means that he is not to leave the country until it is completed. So that meant I was on my own! I was so encouraged that there was someone who would meet me in Canada and would be looking out for me while I was there! These small mercies were all evidence of His hand in it all, and I definitely found peace with the whole trip.

I would jokingly say that if the Lord really wanted Andrew to be at seminary, that He would need to get me this visa otherwise he would be on the next plane to come and find me!

So early in the morning we went off to Burbank airport and said our goodbyes... It was harder than I thought! No pictures of that!

My stop over was Salt Lake City, and it was freezing there!!!




Then it was time for the last leg, and I was praying they would let me in on the other side of the border!!!


Mount Baker, Washington State



Coming in to land!!!

I can see the fall colored trees already!

Time to catch the sky train! This is cool!

The Sky train station where we climbed off and boarded the bus...

And "home!"
This is the wonderful lady/fellow saint that let me use her apartment for the few days. Unfortunately she was not going to be home at all, just came to settle me in and then headed off to her patient - she is private home assisted living nurse. She was so kind and stocked up her fridge for me, and really made me feel so welcome! She cooked us some lunch and then hurried off to catch the bus. And then I was on my own! Time to explore...

The town I stayed in was just 20 minutes from downtown and right on the Granville Bus Route! You can't get much better than that!


The magnificent fall colors!

The local Starbucks whose Wireless was not working... Sad times, no internet for me there! After a phone call to my love, it was time to settle in for the night and get ready for my appointment in the morning! I love Vancouver!

No comments:

Post a Comment